Saturday, July 10, 2010

Background

I must have been about 15 when I saw the movie War Photographer on TV. For the entire movie I was glued to the screen. I went to bed that night thinking about how I could get a camera and how amazing it would be to be a photographer. A Photojournalist most of all.
After a year of day dreaming of cameras and assignments in far off countries I got one step closer to making it a reality. My Dad had been working in Johannesburg and his colleague at work had heard about my interest in cameras. Next thing I knew I was the proud owner of a 2nd hand Canon AE-1. Film camera in hand I was amped to start shooting. I took a 8week course in Black and White Developing and basic techniques. I was A for Away.
Canon AE-1Image via Wikipedia

That was 4 years ago. Now I'm shooting with my trusty Canon 1000D DSLR. Entry level [Shmentry Level]. I've progressed quite well since my first camera and hope to keep on improving. The road to becoming a photojournalist is becoming shorter and shorter.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment